…so thanks to the brilliant Deborah Taylor I have become clearer…and getting super clear about what I am going to write about in my book. I can highly recommend her materials that take you from idea and motivation to book blueprint. Really really helpful.
I especially enjoyed the process in which I have outlined the shape of the book by mindmapping and clustering (both tools from natural writing process) I have been using for my other writing…but have really really come in useful when writing something as big as a Book. You should have seen my studio floor, and desk and easel on the day I did this…nowhere to step on, work on, let alone paint on…but boy was it fun!
So…my thoughts on the contents at the present are the following:
- Why art? And why should you become something/body you already are?
- On Art Rulez (in this book anyway) – basic principles that guide my Arting process
- Instructions for use…as it is a highly practical book…what you will need to follow up with it.
- On Starting with the Arting Kicsktarter
- On Diving deeper both on the inside AND the outside (overcoming obstacles and developing your ideas and processes and skills or Art and Design Foundation in your pocket)
- On following up with your own Arting Project or How to be-come an artist in a month, or a year the most.
- On Show and Tell aka Sharing
- On my own Arting…the story of ten years…from insecure to installation exhibition to fuckit bucket and beyond…and how you can definitely do this much faster and have even more fun.
- Thank yous, inspirations and books/resources to look up.
Work in progress…which of these are you most curious about? Let me know :-).
To follow up on the book being written…sign up to my updates
> in the follow blog section or newsletter box.