The below are the skeletons discovered and recovered from the site of my studio.
When at a loss what to do….or if you are in the middle of an important project, simply, when in doubt…TIDY UP. The GTD way.
Here is how…
- collect: pile it all up, all the papers, loose materials, stools, things on the run
- organize: sort through it on the following basis actionable/nonactionable.
- If actionable – do (in two minutes or less), ditch, delegate, delay.
- If non-actionable (that is would take more than two minutes to do, ditch, delegate or delay) – schedule, file.
- do the action….do not procrastinate on anything, tidydididdidiiiidy, tidydodododododoooo. make that choice and stick with it.
- recheck your in-trays. you are up to scratch.
- failing that….burn the house down…ehm, not very funny, given what has been happening in London and elsewhere recently. No…really, if you have followed the top four…now you can probably enjoy, the long forgotten skeletons and more space (ideally). And new energy.
Has worked for me. What system do you use?
Do let me know.