This is a call to action! Join me now on a 33-day arting challenge.
33 days filled with fun, exploration and learning more about art/ing and yourself.
- Because art heals,
- art usually finds the answer or the question at least,
- arting is fun, even if challenging at times.
- And by becoming the artists we are, we become more of ourselves.
- And also…because you are…an artist. So become (more of) the one you are.
How do you #becometheartistyouare?
Simple…I have designed a 33-day challenge format programme #becometheartistyouare
to get you started and stay in the creative groove with as little as 20 minutes a day.
Yes, twenty minutes a day.
Common, you can do that for your arting, your creativity and yourself!
And you have a
- phone camera
- and a simple sketchbook with
- a couple of pencils, don’t you?
That is all you need to start with.
And yourself, of course.
Who am I to tell you?
My name is Irena and I have been working as an artist, educator and creativity coach inspiring and encouraging people on their arting journeys for some time now.
I went from studying art history to installation exhibition for Amnesty International CZ,
to commissions and running Arting workshops in two countries (possibly three by the end of the year).
On the way I have also managed to work as a curator for education in the National Gallery in Prague,
trained in art psychotherapy and experiential learning with Outward Bounds CZ
and qualified as an art teacher)
I have put together my expertise from these different fields to create this programme…
It is right for you if and when
- you have been second guessing yourself if art/ing is really what you want to pursue (both as an amateur (comes from the Latin word amare – to love) hobby or more seriously) yet been really drawn to it
- you feel/know that arting touches something deep within us and enables us to connect better to who we are, as well as to see how we really see things.
- maybe you have been telling yourself you are not “good enough”
- perhaps you have been tentatively starting and stopping your arting maybe for years
- you have always wondered what have you missed out on by not going to art school or doing an art foundation course or maybe went to one and found it painful.
- you feel like you lack some art “basics” even if you like experimenting with what you have discovered yourself and what you are learning along the way
- you have been afraid of sharing your art, fearing it being [… ] (fill in your greatest fear)
- you are feeling stuck and not “doing” enough which frustrates you and feeds into your insecurities
- you have been missing a safe and supportive arting community where you could share your joy and queries…and simply have fun with others too.
What will you get if you do the arting work involved?
- you get your creative juices (back) guaranteed
- you will create an arting practice discipline (it takes 3 weeks to create and cement a habit)
- you will learn to find inspiration from within yourself and the world around you in authentic ways and be able to repeat that process at any point in the future
- you will learn from your favourite artists and art works in your own ways
- you will discover and explore the guiding principles and rules of art and design to enhance your arting and so that you can break them too /knowingly/
- you will create AND share (art requires an audience) your own art project/work that
- you will have completed in 33 days, in a way that feels bit out of your comfort zone yet fun
- you will address you arting gremlins that have been stopping you in your tracks all this time (self-doubt, resistances, self-sabotage…)
- you will discover shitloads (oh, no, I did it, I swore, so I swear…it is true) about yourself, your world and the things in between, guaranteed, things that will surprise you and excite you, and you do not expect and cannot be anticipated. Because that is what (good – and that does not necessarily mean pretty pictures) art does. And the arting process enables you to do for yourself.
How does it work?
For the duration of one month you get a daily Arting task into your inbox which you commit to spend minimum 20 minutes doing.
There is also a friendly and safe community in place with me as a resident coach to go and fall back on, and share your daily process, victories, struggles and questions.
The tasks are designed around
- ridding ourselves of arting fears,
- finding inspiration from within ourselves and the outside world,
- learning from our favourite artists and
- practicing the basics of visual language elements and principles.
By the end of the month, you will have worked on, learned from and created your own piece and shared it with others (either in the community or elsewhere, your choice).
You will have #becometheartistyouare.
Are you ready to set on the Arting adventure?
This is what people have been saying about the process:
“Arting rockz. It has even helped me to be more creative in my own biz.”
“I have discovered what I really wanted to do creatively – write – and now I am doing that.”
“Thank you for holding the space for our creativity. The last challenge has been a game-changer in many ways. I have learnt how to stick with one thing and explore it from different angles and I am still mining that process. Thank you!”
“This is so much more than about just “art”…I have discovered and realized many things about myself and my life. Becoming the artist I am has helped me realize my fuller potential and step into it. Thank you, Irena.”
My wish for you is that upon joining us for a month of arting fun and learning, you will discover things about yourself that you did not know, or did not acknowledge in the past.
Step into a more artful version of yourself!
What do you need to do now then, to get in?
There are two options:
Option Course and Community: with the course you also get the access to a closed FB community of people in the same process and me as a coach in residence at 99 GBP
Option Course, Community and Coaching – you will get both the above and two hours of my coaching time 1:1 on top of that to work on any of your needs and/or challenges, inner and outer that may arise at 299 GBP
We are starting in NOW! Ready? steady? go! Sign up!
Sign Up here! Just click on the link
Why 20 minutes a day?
Twenty minutes a day is the minimum of time which, if spent over a period of a month, will add up to creating your arting discipline as well as developing your skills. Of course you can do more, however you commit to twenty minutes a day :-).
Will I need extra art supplies?
That is entirely up to you – you could do the whole month with just a pencil and a sketchbook and a camera, however I have a feeling you will be itching to try out new materials or revisit the ones you had used before.
What exactly am I getting in the daily arting messages?
Every day you will get an email that will set the task for the day.
Week one tasks are geared towards letting go of fear, focusing our attention and ways of looking and seeing.
Week two is all about learning in authentic ways from your favourite artist or artwork.
And weeks three and four are spent developing your own piece/project. Daily we shall be looking at the different elements and principles of art and design (line, shape, colour…) which you can try out and then incorporate into your project.
Week five, or what remains of it :-), is spent on preparing to share your project/piece with the world in authentic and fun ways.
What is a difference in going to a regular art course?
This is your tailor-made “art” course. Based around you, your interests, your inspirations. The major difference is that I approach the art-making in a therapeutic/self-discovery way rather than an end in itself. By becoming the artist you are you become more (self-aware) of yourself too.
How important is it to participate in the community?
That is entirely up to you. I will be on call, helping you along the way witch challenges encountered and it is also helpful and fun to share your insights and discoveries with others in a safe space, which the FB (secret group) community is.
Do I have to share my project at the end of the Arting month?
Well, what you commit to is that you will dedicate the twenty minutes a day to your arting and share whatever you feel comfortable sharing with the community at the end of the process. Or even your circles :-). Art requires an audience.
What if I miss a day?
Ideally you will have scheduled your daily twenty minutes and sticked to it. However if you miss a day, you can always catch up the following day or at the weekends. Up to you. The process works best if followed in small doses daily :-).
I have not done any art in ages. I am a complete beginner. Is this for me?
Yes! This is for you, no matter what your “level”. Designed and piloted with people just like you in mind. However, even more “seasoned” artists have benefited from the process before.